Pictures Of Wired 12v+ Lead For Custom Stereo

Here are a couple images of how to pass a hot lead through the firewall of an ES300 and run up to the battery for a factory look. This was requested by SY_300_Type_S, but I can't seem to find a way to post images (other than link them to a URL) in PM, so I'll just post them publicly in case any one else can benefit from them.

In routing a new, clean hot 12V+ line from the battery, be sure to always fuse the line right up as close to the battery as possible in case something shorts out. Also, since the wire is in the engine compartment, it's always a good idea to get some wire conduit and sheath it. When running this wire, I started from inside the cabin and poked the wire through the soft fleshy part of a main grommet in the firewall... from there you have to snake the wire through and probe by 'feel' to get it to line up with one of the openings in the driver's side fender. Once you see it in one of the perforations in the fender, you can grab it and work it through for more length.

I did this job over a year ago and I haven't had any issues with it at all. I've got a nice, high current, clean 12V+ supply to run my stereo equipment off of, but I can also tap into it for heated seat covers or alternate 12V+ supply for my iPod charging or GPS (since the cigarette lighter on the 1995 ES300 is in the most retarded of places... can't have the drink holders out at the same time).

Drop me a note if anyone has any questions on doing this kind of an install.

post-34901-1228584976_thumb.jpg

post-34901-1228584982_thumb.jpg

post-34901-1228584987_thumb.jpg