Ac And Heater Troubles

I have a 1997 ES 300. In the summer, I (try) to use the AC. Sometimes it stays on, sometimes it doesn't. If I get lucky I'll get air for about 3 minutes before it shuts off. It's not as bad because I can always roll my windows down.. 3 attempts out of 10, it doesn't even TRY to turn on. the other 7 times it turns on for 10 seconds and goes off.

However the heat does the same thing. I freeze my bottom off every morning, and I have to keep blankets in the car so my daughter doesn't freeze to death.

My husband swears that it would cost 2,000 to fix, but I have a feeling it might be something not as complex. I could be wrong... but my husband has a tendency to stretch the truth a little bit.

Thanks

I have a 1997 ES 300. In the summer, I (try) to use the AC. Sometimes it stays on, sometimes it doesn't. If I get lucky I'll get air for about 3 minutes before it shuts off. It's not as bad because I can always roll my windows down.. 3 attempts out of 10, it doesn't even TRY to turn on. the other 7 times it turns on for 10 seconds and goes off.

However the heat does the same thing. I freeze my bottom off every morning, and I have to keep blankets in the car so my daughter doesn't freeze to death.

My husband swears that it would cost 2,000 to fix, but I have a feeling it might be something not as complex. I could be wrong... but my husband has a tendency to stretch the truth a little bit.

Thanks

I currently have this problem...mech. says it's a Linear Difuser...for 400 us. I know this can't be right. A linear D is a light fixure. Get many options.

Good shoppin!!!