Removing Emblems

bmack

Sorry... wrong subject title. My question has to do with body work.

How long should it take to remove all the old emblems on my '95 ES300 and replace with new (used) ones?

I'm not a handy man, so I want to get an idea of what the labor would be at a body shorp/dealer.

Also, what's the estimated time for cleaning my headlight lenses to remove the yellow film?

The labor for removing and putting on new emblems shouldn't be more than an hour, I would think.

And for cleaning your yellowed lenses, that would depend on how clouded they are. You don't have to be "handy" to do them yourself. Just get some Meguiar's Plast-X (comes in a white plastic bottle and can usually be purchased wherever they sell car cleaners, waxes, etc.) which is made for exactly that purpose. If you are handy enough to wax your car, then you're handy enough to polish your headlight lenses. Just dab it onto the lens and rub it in, in a circular motion, using a bit of pressure with a soft micro-fiber cloth. Then buff. Do a small area at a time. You'll be surprised at the results.

The labor for removing and putting on new emblems shouldn't be more than an hour, I would think.

And for cleaning your yellowed lenses, that would depend on how clouded they are. You don't have to be "handy" to do them yourself. Just get some Meguiar's Plast-X (comes in a white plastic bottle and can usually be purchased wherever they sell car cleaners, waxes, etc.) which is made for exactly that purpose. If you are handy enough to wax your car, then you're handy enough to polish your headlight lenses. Just dab it onto the lens and rub it in, in a circular motion, using a bit of pressure with a soft micro-fiber cloth. Then buff. Do a small area at a time. You'll be surprised at the results.

Thanks!

i'm new to the this forum..and i've been modding my 03 corolla and a few on the ES 300 and now even more since its my daily driver..but yeh..emblems dont take very long..just alot of patience..

as for the oxidation on your headlights or fogs..it too is very simple..wet sand with dish washing soap water and 1500 grit to remove all the filth and grime..use a rubbing compound manually buff, then buff with a rotary buffer, then as lexucan said, meguiars plast-x manually buff in about 2 coats and if you want, buffer after

few pix of the work i did to my dads new 91 ES (white) and a few of my daily (black)

DSC00099.jpg

DSC00100.jpg

DSC00101.jpg

DSC00102.jpg

DSC00103.jpg

DSC00113.jpg

DSC00112.jpg