Ps Pump Replacement

jremi21

Hi,

Yes, I'm a newbie on this board but that just because I haven't had to do any work on my ES300 yet. It's a 97 and I've had it for about a year and I need a new power steering pump which I already bought but I haven't had a chance to install yet. I'm looking for a rough estimate of time involved. Someone said four hours on a thread I found. Getting to the pump doesn't seem to bad but I'm mainly concerned with removing the high pressue fluid tubes since the FSM mentions a specialized service tool for that. Anyone have any tips/tricks they would like to share or am I worrying to much about this?

Thanks,

JR

Hi,

Yes, I'm a newbie on this board but that just because I haven't had to do any work on my ES300 yet. It's a 97 and I've had it for about a year and I need a new power steering pump which I already bought but I haven't had a chance to install yet. I'm looking for a rough estimate of time involved. Someone said four hours on a thread I found. Getting to the pump doesn't seem to bad but I'm mainly concerned with removing the high pressue fluid tubes since the FSM mentions a specialized service tool for that. Anyone have any tips/tricks they would like to share or am I worrying to much about this?

Thanks,

JR

I replaced the ps pump on my wifes car a few months ago. It was very easy and only took about 3 hours to replace. One thing I remember was the removal of the solenoid wires were a pain but I needed no special tools to remove it. I do recommend in gettting a few crows feet wrenches if you dont have them in your toolbox.

SRVCM