Backlight Question

So, I installed an iPod adapter in my 2005 ES330. All went well and it works just fine. Except that the backlights on the climate control and radio and rear sun visor all seem backwards now. They are lit when the headlights are switched off but the backlights are off for any other headlight condition.

One thing I did not do was disconnect the negative terminal of the battery before I disconnected everything else. Did that screw things up? Is there an easy way to "reset" the lights?

Thanks in advance.

Rich

Bump and update:

I still can't figure this out. If I disconnect the right-most wiring harness of the climate control unit (as you are looking at the back of the climate control unit), the backlight stays on all the time and does not change status (i.e. dim or brighten) if the headlight switch is switched.

I can see that backlights are getting power using a voltage meter when I check the cigarette lighter harness (oh yeah, the light for the ashtray is also out in any condition).

All the functionality of every button and switch works. It's only the lights for the buttons that do not come on when the headlights are on.

I called Lexus to see if they might offer some free on-the-phone assistance and they told me to disconnect the iPod system which I did to no avail.

Could I have shorted something in a component such as the climate control unit when I disconnected it with the negative battery terminal still connected? I hope not since that seems like a very weak design. Am I missing a backlight control button? I've checked the obvious fuses but maybe I need to check each and every one.

Man, this is frustrating. I should have paid the $100 bucks to get the iPod system installed.

Please any help is appreciated. Anyone have a wiring manual?