Needle Fix Problems

I jsut finished (or so I thought) the needle fix outlined here - http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217411

I also replaced the backlights with LEDs. Everything looks phenomenal but I have three problems. The fuel and temp. neeldes were IMPOSSIBLE to get off without breaking - even just grabbing them with small needle nosed pliers just at the base caused the actual black needle to seperate from the two metal contacts. Some superglue fixed this but now neither appears to be functioning.

I manually reset the gas gauge while I had the cluster out of the car, and now when the car is turned off it returns to empty, then slowly over the course of a few minutes returns to show that I have significantly less gas than I know there is. Am I supposed to reset this with the car on ad reading out of the tank?

Then the temp. gauge. - where is it supposed to rest with the car off? Mine rests at the bottom and doesn't move (even yesterday driving around at 80 degrees outside).

Also, when I turn off the car the tachometer slowly moves down but doesn't quite make it to the bottom. When you turn the car back on it quickly resets itself to the bottom and appears to work fine. Does a '95 ES 300 ever idel below 1k RPM? Mine doesn't appear to.