95 Es300 Problem..

Hey..I'm new here.. Just got my license on July 1st and I purchased a 95 ES300, from a parking lot on July15th. The previous owner had left it parked there for over a year and the owner of the garage placed a lien on it and I purchased it for $1500. The car has all the options except heated seats and it was running smoothly until the check engine light came on. My mechanic diagnosed it as a water pump/timing belt replacement needed.. He said I could drive it around for a while until I could replace these parts. Well today I was driving and I felt the car getting heavy and I had just switched to the right lane when the car completely died. All my antifreeze leaked out and the car would not start up again. I had it towed to my mechanic's shop and tomorrow he will tell me about how much it will be to do the job. Has anyone else had this problem? How much did it cost to repair? Also, my leathers are cracked and broken. Is there anything I could do about this, besides going to the junk yard and trying to find replacements?