Only Trac Off Light Blinking

Hello, I'm new to the forums, great boards and lots of info! I just bought a 97 es300 with avs and 144k on the odo, it has been very well maintained to my knowledge. Before I bought it, the trac off light started blinking a few miles after I started driving, the car dealer said it needed new rear pads, and they replaced them. The light stayed off after it was started, then after a few miles came back on and started blinking again? Only the trac off blinks, no abs or cel along with it. I've searched all over and couldnt find anyone having the same issue. I went to the dealer today and they told me its not related to brakes, most likely a sensor. They also said if it blinks it means it needs to be taken care of right away? I don't notice a difference in performance/ braking or anything when it comes on? Im taking it back to the car lot I bought it from and there going to check it out tomorrow. I have tried disconnecting the battery/ turning the key on/off and it always comes back. Sometimes it wont come on for 90mi sometimes as little as 10mi. Thanks for any replies!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I'm new to the forums, great boards and lots of info! I just bought a 97 es300 with avs and 144k on the odo, it has been very well maintained to my knowledge. Before I bought it, the trac off light started blinking a few miles after I started driving, the car dealer said it needed new rear pads, and they replaced them. The light stayed off after it was started, then after a few miles came back on and started blinking again? Only the trac off blinks, no abs or cel along with it. I've searched all over and couldnt find anyone having the same issue. I went to the dealer today and they told me its not related to brakes, most likely a sensor. They also said if it blinks it means it needs to be taken care of right away? I don't notice a difference in performance/ braking or anything when it comes on? Im taking it back to the car lot I bought it from and there going to check it out tomorrow. I have tried disconnecting the battery/ turning the key on/off and it always comes back. Sometimes it wont come on for 90mi sometimes as little as 10mi. Thanks for any replies!

I am having the same exact problem with a 2000 es300. Did you ever find out what the problem was?