Rx400h - Driving Through Water

recently, after a heavy downpour, i came to a low point in the road where my guess is there was at least a foot-deep standing water... in my rx300, I would not hesitate to go through this much water but with the hybrid, i backed off and turned around due to the fear of getting electric motors in water.

any one has any experience of going through water or any guidance on how deep much (deep) water the Rx400h can handle (assume very slow driving)???

The mechanics in Lexus where i take my car for service, when i asked them this question, told me that they have personally tried the RX400h in a shallow river with no problem during the "acceptance tests" they do for SUVs. I guess there was more water than what you described since they had 1/3 of the car in the water...

What they said I should avoid, is washing the car underneath with high pressured water (eg http://www.karcher-usa.com/) This could bring water in to the motor cable harness and harm the electric motor.

My advice, whenever you can avoid bringing it to the limits do it ;O)

1/3 car under water...wow, that over 2+ feet...i don't think i'll ever risk that. but looks like water upto center of the wheel may be ok.

thanks

The mechanics in Lexus where i take my car for service, when i asked them this question, told me that they have personally tried the RX400h in a shallow river with no problem during the "acceptance tests" they do for SUVs. I guess there was more water than what you described since they had 1/3 of the car in the water...

What they said I should avoid, is washing the car underneath with high pressured water (eg http://www.karcher-usa.com/) This could bring water in to the motor cable harness and harm the electric motor.

My advice, whenever you can avoid bringing it to the limits do it ;O)