Aristo 2jz Into Sc400 A/c Problem

Hey guys,

A little while ago I posted up an SC400 with an Aristo 2JZ swap that I did. Everything is working great except for the a/c. For some reason the clutch will not come on. Now I've checked out all the wiring and whatnot, and there are two wires that go to the ECU that have to do with a/c. ACMG, which grounds the a/c clutch relay, and AC, which is supposed to receive a signal from the a/c control unit in the dash.

If I run a 12v signal to the ECU on the AC wire, then the ECU grounds the relay via the ACMG wire and the clutch kicks on. But for some reason the a/c control unit the dash won't send out that 12v signal.

I put R134 into the system and I even jumped the pressure switch to see if that was the problem, but even with the pressure switch jumpered I never get that signal at the AC pin. I also ran the a/c trouble codes and the system shows no codes.

I know a lot of you guys have done this swap (many of which I've personally wired up for you!) and I haven't heard of this problem before, anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

-Doc

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys,

I just got an email from someone who had seen this thread so I wanted to make sure I followed up on it. We have figured out a solution to this problem, and for any of our previous customers who did NOT get this fix done with their harness, we will send it to you free of charge along with instructions on how to wire it up (a small module needs to be wired into the harness).

For anyone who didn't have their harness done by us and is having this problem, contact me at drtweak@phoenixtuning.com and we'll get you taken care of as well.

-Doc