2001 Lx470 Nav / Climate Control Retrofit...

Hello Everyone,

My first post here... I've done extensive research here and other forums, but I wasn't sure if this particular scenario has ever been attempted. After numerous letdowns from different IPOD / Sat Radio integration solutions, I am researching the viability of replacing the entire NAV unit. My 2001 LX470 came with 6 Disc DVD Changer as well.

I have LX 470 w/ premium Mark Levinson sound and 6 DVD changer

Here is what I know so far:

1. Nav unit cannot be changed out due to integrated climate control unit (otherwise lose the climate control)

2. Levinson speakers cannot be used with aftermarket systems

How about retrofitting either a Land Cruiser, or LX470 climate control unit with an all in one climate control unit? (needs to control both front and rear climate settings). Once the climate control has been diverted to another climate control unit, I am hoping to change out the head unit as well as speakers w/ amps for a newer aftermarket units with blutooth, xm, ipod, nav, etc...,

Am I smoking crack here, or is this doable? Is there any hope? If the parts are compatible, I was hoping to buy and install the climate control unit from a Toyota dealer rather than Lexus.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Thank you.