Remove '96 Es300 Front Passenger Door Panel

Hi,

How do I do this with out breaking all the plastic? I've read a couple of threads on the newer models with the simulated wood inserts for the window switches, etc., but it doesn't seem to match this model. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi,

How do I do this with out breaking all the plastic? I've read a couple of threads on the newer models with the simulated wood inserts for the window switches, etc., but it doesn't seem to match this model. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here is a pic that explains most of the process. There is also a screw to remove at the front edge of the door, close to where the door meets the dash. The screw is under a plastic cap that just pops off. Once you have that screw removed, the tweeter speaker cover removed, the inside door handle trim removed, the screw under the piece of felt in the depression in the door's armrest removed, and the two outer edge trim pins removed, then you can loosen the panel from the door by pulling the panel away from the bottom edge where it is secured by plastic plugs.

Door_trim_removal-1.jpg

Photo courtesy of my friend blk_on_blk who helped me with a door speaker replacement.