Question?

I have a 2002 ES 300. Sometime when I start it in cold weather it idles very rough, someitme to a point where the engine shuts off. Check engine light also came on and when it idles rought the check engine light flashes on and off. Took it to the dealer and all they said was that it could of been bad gas cause they couldnt find anything else wrong. I have ran the gas down and put gas again and it happened again. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I suggest cleaning your MAF or Mass Airflow Sensor, there are tutorials on the internet if you want to do it yourself, all it takes is a screw driver, a can of carb cleaner, and about 15 min for a complete novice. that idle thing happened to my MR2, cleaned the MAF, and it did wonders. if it keeps doing it after that. get the code from your computer, and see what it says and proceed from there. if the CEL is flashing thats not good, but it CAN be caused by a dirty MAF

-Erik

(anyone, correct me if I'm wrong, this might be a whole different game than my MR2)