Just Bought My Sc400!

jzsc4me

Hey i jus bought my 1992 sc400 today Its got 150k on it but still kicking. Located in honolulu. I just had some questions about my sc. Wondering if it would be possible to throw in a jztt motor wit manual transmission into the car with out any big problems once the stock one goes? Also very new to lexus cars wat kind of exhuast inake etc are popular recommened for this particular model. This is going to become my daily driver i also have 06 350z that i am building (reason for picking up sc). My fren sold it to me for 3gs and nothing wrong wit it he jus needed to get rid of it. Any input would be greatly appreciated

Although I am not into any mods that are no in-sync with stock parts, I know that replacing the SC400 engine is not a popular route. Most people here seem to have SC300s when doing that sort of thing. But may be there will be someone with that info too. I do know that the guys at lextreme.com will be able to help you out.

Thanks guys so u were saying not popular to swap out the v8? What is popular to do wit the sc400 wen the motor does go? do most people jus rebuild the v8 or swap a motor? I picked up this sc400 thinking i could jus do a supra motor swap with no problem? Was i wrong to think this? please help?