Tach Needle And Speedometer Needle Wont Light Up...

blklexus300

I've had my car for about a week now and I cant figure this one out. The light needle for the gas guage works when it wants to and flickers sometime. The engine temp guage works fine but the tach and speedometer needle wont light up at all. Now I've replaced dash lights on some other vehicles but This is a lil different. What type of bulbs does it use? Are they like 194's or led's? Im gonna do the work myself once I figure out what type of bulb im gonna need to replace. If u have any ideas plz let me know.

Thanks

Chris

I've had my car for about a week now and I cant figure this one out. The light needle for the gas guage works when it wants to and flickers sometime. The engine temp guage works fine but the tach and speedometer needle wont light up at all. Now I've replaced dash lights on some other vehicles but This is a lil different. What type of bulbs does it use? Are they like 194's or led's? Im gonna do the work myself once I figure out what type of bulb im gonna need to replace. If u have any ideas plz let me know.

Thanks

Chris

I assume your car is a '92-'96 (2nd generation) ES300.The cluster needles are notorious for burning out in these cars. They are lit up with LEDs which eventually die due to a little too much voltage getting to them (poor electronic design) and over time they get cooked.

Check the link in my signature for an easy and inexpensive fix.