Glad To Be Here!

kingjack133

Bought a 92 es 300 from honda dealer a week ago. It has 66,000 miles and i paid 8500cdn. plus tax and fees.. I believe it was a 1 owner. no accidents. Its a grey brown with a dark grey leather int.

The dealer did rear brakes, valve cover gasket, hood strut and oil change. Everything works. I installed mxvr4plus tires and it rides nice. My wife loves the feel too! altho she had a problem in me buying a 15 yr old car...

After 1 week i have developed a tranny leak( i beleive) and am going to have it looked at by a lexus dealer.

Otherwise i love the feel of this car. It does have its little things tho..it surges when parking or at very low speed.

I just wanted to post and appreciate all the others and the info they provide.......

2 questions

1. is the squeaking from the back because of rear stabilizer bushings?

2.Is the tranny in this 92 an A51E?..any comment on tranny leaks welcome!!!

......next day.....

not a tranny but the water pump and the antifreeze is red

so i stayed away from the dealers and found a shop where the mechanic is a lexus owner (97) and

loves my car right off the get go....water pump and timing belt with gasket and materiels $785

At least i can sleep easy now and am looking forward to the open road......also bought locking lugs at

the mechanics suggestion $25.99

Bought a 92 es 300 from honda dealer a week ago. It has 66,000 miles and i paid 8500cdn. plus tax and fees.. I believe it was a 1 owner. no accidents. Its a grey brown with a dark grey leather int.

i stayed away from the dealers and found a shop where the mechanic is a lexus owner (97) and

loves my car right off the get go....water pump and timing belt with gasket and materiels $785

At least i can sleep easy now and am looking forward to the open road......also bought locking lugs at

Welcome to the club ! :cheers:

I was going to suggest you find an independent Lexus mechanic as opposed to taking your "new" car to a Lexus dealership for servicing and repairs, but I see you already did that....good for you.

But one question: at the age of 97, is he going to be around long to work on your car??? LOL :whistles:

I take mine to my local Toyota dealership for servicing. Since the ES is based on the V6 Camry platform, the Toyota techs are very familiar with what's under the hood of my car.

It's unusual to find a 1992 ES with so few miles (or KM's) on the ODO. My 1993 ES has 420,000 KM on it and is still running great. So, you can assure your wife that a 15 y.o. Lexus is NOT the same as a 15 y.o. Chevy... :rolleyes:

i stayed away from the dealers and found a shop where the mechanic is a lexus owner (97) and

Welcome to the club ! :cheers:

I was going to suggest you find an independent Lexus mechanic as opposed to taking your "new" car to a Lexus dealership for servicing and repairs, but I see you already did that....good for you.

But one question: at the age of 97, is he going to be around long to work on your car??? LOL :whistles:

I take mine to my local Toyota dealership for servicing. Since the ES is based on the V6 Camry platform, the Toyota techs are very familiar with what's under the hood of my car.

It's unusual to find a 1992 ES with so few miles (or KM's) on the ODO. My 1993 ES has 420,000 KM on it and is still running great. So, you can assure your wife that a 15 y.o. Lexus is NOT the same as a 15 y.o. Chevy... :rolleyes:

...............hey i ll use this guy till he s 147 if his work is good ....tx for the tip

...............i love the sound of 420,000kms on my es but on my wife its a different story....lol 112000k=67,200mi

post-57788-1195959455_thumb.jpgpost-57788-1195959360_thumb.jpg