Front Grille

aaronbrill

hi there ...

kinda new to this lexus owners club, but i own a 2002 lx 470 and i absolutely love it.

i noticed that the new grille on the front of the 06 lx looks so much better ... is there a way i can get that grille and put it on my 02 lx? i looked on ebay for grilles, but the ones they have for the 02 lexus dont look anywhere as nice as the 06 grille on the lx

if somebody knows where i can get a hold of the 2006/2007 lx 470 front grille, let me know.

also ..... has anybody heard of supercharging their lx 470? let me know if it is possible or can be done and a price.

thanks!!!

hi there ...

kinda new to this lexus owners club, but i own a 2002 lx 470 and i absolutely love it.

i noticed that the new grille on the front of the 06 lx looks so much better ... is there a way i can get that grille and put it on my 02 lx? i looked on ebay for grilles, but the ones they have for the 02 lexus dont look anywhere as nice as the 06 grille on the lx

if somebody knows where i can get a hold of the 2006/2007 lx 470 front grille, let me know.

also ..... has anybody heard of supercharging their lx 470? let me know if it is possible or can be done and a price.

thanks!!!

I heard the '06 grille will fit the '03-06 (build date of 8/02+, i.e., 5 speed tranny). To make it fit earlier vehicles (at least this goes for the landcruiser '06 front grille on '98-02 vehicles), you need to replace the plastic strips between the grille and bumper.

S/C: this was discontinued by TRD. Apparently there were 2 s/c's made. One was cast (mainly sold in the US) for the Tundra. Those developed cracks and were discontinued. The other made for the LC was forged, no issues other than they are virtually unobtainable in N. America. In Japan, they are like $8K. Another JDM option is the Tom's super charger.

For better performance, go w/ an I/C turbo. The JDM AVO turbo is sold by Slee Offroad in CO. Cost is $10K, though, but you gain 100+hp and 100+ ft-lbs torque, and this was on a dyno at 5280 ft! Actually, Toyota offers a 4.5L V8 twin turbo diesel on the '08 LC 200 and LC 70 series sold overseas...puts out like 450 ft-lbs torque while getting 20+ mpg.