2001 Ls430 Third Brake Light

ucf30guy

:cries: Does anyone know how to get to the third brake light on the '01 ls430. My bulb burned out and I'm trying to install a new bulb. I thought I can get to the bulb socket after removing the subwoofer grille from the rear dash but there is no room. I tried to go in from the trunk and I just run into 3 fasteners that hold down the brake light housing. Any help would be appreciated.

:cries: Does anyone know how to get to the third brake light on the '01 ls430. My bulb burned out and I'm trying to install a new bulb. I thought I can get to the bulb socket after removing the subwoofer grille from the rear dash but there is no room. I tried to go in from the trunk and I just run into 3 fasteners that hold down the brake light housing. Any help would be appreciated.

It's very easy actually. to access the brake light do the following:

from the back seat hold the break light assembly and give it a push to the left (this is towards the passenger side) and the entire asembly will pop right out. It is held in by clips that will release when you move the assembly to the left. I hope this helps