"gap" Between Center Console Where It Meets Lower Dash...fix

90LS400Lexus

Call me nitpicky, but a few of the 90-94 LS400s I have looked at has a larger gap on one side of the console where it meets up with the lower part of the center dash than it does on the other side, whereas some meet perfectly on each side. My 90' lined up perfectly.

Anyway, on ones that I have seen (that I am considering) where this is misaligned, it drives me nuts, as I hate to see something misaligned. Does anyone else have that issue or know what I am talking about? Is there a fix for this problem?

For example, here is a 92' I am considering... notice the larger gap on the driverside than the passenger side... this is something I have seen on several LS400s. Could this be easily realigned? Thanks!

BTW - I have seen this too on some of the ES300s... here is a 97' ES I was considering.. notice where the console meets the dash on the passengerside... not perfectly aligned... it (console) seems to be over more than the dash panel.

post-4085-1194931605_thumb.jpg

Honestly, I'd be more bothered by worn leather on the shifter (LS400), and covering

up a bad steering wheel with the ugly cover (ES300).

Those gaps look presentable to me on older vehicles.

Thanks. Well, its funny, but the bad spot on the LS400 shfter does not bother me at all. I guess I know its just something thats worn over time, whereas the gap is more of a "quality" problem. This was something I really never noticed before until I started looking @ LS400s again and I have seen this on several now. My old LS had an even fit on both sides. I guess it could just be that side of those consoles has "shrunk" over the years, rather than initial quality issue- especially since the LS400s have superior "fit-n-finish".

I agree- the ES I posted looks very unpleasant with that cover. Despite the fact that I could have purchased that 1997 ES300 for $4500, it was too rough for me.

Thanks for the input.

Honestly, I'd be more bothered by worn leather on the shifter (LS400), and covering

up a bad steering wheel with the ugly cover (ES300).

Those gaps look presentable to me on older vehicles.