Intermitent Fuel Smell In Cabin

• 1 year later...

the above problem happens at different times with no pattern. I suspected a fuel leak but when smell happens I checked underneath car and saw no leakage - there maybe seepage though - the smell when it happens is only inside cabin not outside

I'm getting ready to work a 2000 ES 300 with same exact problem. Also CEL and Trac off lights are on. I haven't scanned yet, so I don't have the codes. I'm thinking evap purge soleniod for the smell, but I'm a Ford tech not a Lexy technician.

Any common problems associated with these systems?

Thanks in advance!!

the above problem happens at different times with no pattern. I suspected a fuel leak but when smell happens I checked underneath car and saw no leakage - there maybe seepage though - the smell when it happens is only inside cabin not outside

I'm getting ready to work a 2000 ES 300 with same exact problem. Also CEL and Trac off lights are on. I haven't scanned yet, so I don't have the codes. I'm thinking evap purge soleniod for the smell, but I'm a Ford tech not a Lexy technician.

Any common problems associated with these systems?

Thanks in advance!!

I went and checked out the car tonight in person. I'm thinking it's the bank 1 position 1 oxygen sensor. The codes point me that way. That really makes more sense anyway. The car is probably running very rich due to the bad 02 sensor.