After Market Intake System/filter 96 Es300

dhurteau

As mentioned in the title I own a 1996 es300. love the car. But it sounds...well. It doesnt make a sound. Im not going for ricer. Or anything like that. I want a good aftermarket airfilter kit, that changes the engine sound a bit. and helps increase mpg. (i understand it wont be anything drastic) Much like k&n's but, they dont make them for my car.

I have been to every auto store in my area. All they offer is a k&n filter that sits in the stock OEM airbox. Which is no problem. I just want to know if that will achieve my goal. Or will I have to get a cone shaped filter?

Someone Please help! Finding parts for this car is near impossiable

As mentioned in the title I own a 1996 es300. love the car. But it sounds...well. It doesnt make a sound. Im not going for ricer. Or anything like that. I want a good aftermarket airfilter kit, that changes the engine sound a bit. and helps increase mpg. (i understand it wont be anything drastic) Much like k&n's but, they dont make them for my car.

I have been to every auto store in my area. All they offer is a k&n filter that sits in the stock OEM airbox. Which is no problem. I just want to know if that will achieve my goal. Or will I have to get a cone shaped filter?

the K&n filter you are talking about will be for beneficial for your engine and save a little gas but not a noticable amount compared to your factory filter. you can find short ram intake systems but it takes alot of searching around the internet (not enough demand for stores to hold themselves) short ram is crap though. the best way to go is cold air intake. The only thing is that you will NOT find for the car. you will have to find one with the right size pipping and then get soeone to weld it to size and fir it on.

hope that helped

the K&n filter you are talking about will be for beneficial for your engine and save a little gas but not a noticable amount compared to your factory filter. you can find short ram intake systems but it takes alot of searching around the internet (not enough demand for stores to hold themselves) short ram is crap though. the best way to go is cold air intake. The only thing is that you will NOT find for the car. you will have to find one with the right size pipping and then get soeone to weld it to size and fir it on.

hope that helped

That did help. I decided to go the route of the inbox airfilter by k&n I should have it later this week. When you say beneficial. What are the "aprox" results of one of these filters. i have read 3-5hp and 2-4mpg.

hope that helped

That did help. I decided to go the route of the inbox airfilter by k&n I should have it later this week. When you say beneficial. What are the "aprox" results of one of these filters. i have read 3-5hp and 2-4mpg.

that is about right , but also the K&N filter cleans your air alot better than the stock filters saving the life of your engine, that will also keep your HP and tourqe from dropping over the years from particles thrown in your piston chambers