'95 Ls

boogieman

Slow news day.

I had a 4 wheel alignment done this week. The '95 drives much better now. All specs now dead-on or within .01 of dead-center on the alignment equipment.

The chrome badging I ordered to de-gold my '95 came today. What a surprise to find inside a sealed plastic bag with a Toyota part number and description tag , a "Made in China" sticker on the actual part. What hath Lexus wrought? Still looks good on the car, though.

Looking for chrome aftermarket wheels. Don't seem to be able to find any with the correct 50mm offset. Anything less than 50 moves the wheel/tire further to the outside of the body. Not too good.

I re-painted the exhaust resonators black. The original paint was faded and burned off. Looks cleaner from the rear and sides now.

Removed the phone handset and attending hardware. Now I have two usable center consoles.

Removed and re-painted the wiper support arms. The original finish was sun faded and not looking too good.

Blacked-out the vertical support/connecting ribs between the 2 lower air intake openings.

Cleaned the glass both inside and out. Sparkles now.

Removed the tar drops and sling-off from the tires on the lower body.

Thinking of blacking-out the trunk panel between the taillights, too. Maybe tomorrow.

Need to replace the gold antenna nut with a chrome one.

And the list goes on.