Scratched My Is, Please Advise

I made a stupid mistake of relying on the rearcam and i didnt see a mailbox. Scratched up my car pretty badly. Can someone advise on the cheapest & fastest way to have it removed? It not only scratched the metal it but also left a deep gash in the plastic. someone told me that i would have to have the whole piece removed to have it fixed but i dont believe that. Please advise on how to fix:

This is the scratch on the plastic below the right tail light :censored:

002.jpg

Both the metal and plastic :cries:

001.jpg

Kevin

IS350, 2007

That is a really bad scratch. Looks to me like it needs to be repainted. Personally I think getting a new piece painted and installed would be the best option especially on a car as nice/expensive as the IS.

If you really dont want to get it painted, I suppose you could get it wet sanded, buffed, and detailed by a profeshional detailer in your area... But with a scratch that bad, it probably wont be gone just hidden/less obvious.

If you want it perfect then remove the bumper and paint...if you want almost perfect saving you some money, just touch it up. give it to a bodyshop and they will sand it down and touch it up. as long as it's not dented you should be okay.

If you want it perfect then remove the bumper and paint...if you want almost perfect saving you some money, just touch it up. give it to a bodyshop and they will sand it down and touch it up. as long as it's not dented you should be okay.

thanks, but the thing is that the scratch is about a milimeter deep into plastic, can they accually make it go away?

thanks, but the thing is that the scratch is about a milimeter deep into plastic, can they accually make it go away?

You cannot fill a deep scratch with paint alone.. no.

The proper fix for this would be to remove the piece, fill it, sand it and then paint..

or even better, buy a new piece, have it painted and installed.

I know you're looking for a quick easy fix... but the only way it will look right is to fix it correctly.

Oh, and use your mirrors next time! :P