Ipod Adapters

Hi,

I understand from awhile back that their are two choices for ipod adapters. I have a 2006 rx400H with the navigation. I understand vaistech and coastal tech both have ipod adapters. Question is, which do people prfer? I know that the coastal tech one wouldn't work on the cars with rear entertainment system but not sure if that has changed.

If anyone has any info about these units, please let me know.

Thanks

Rob

yea, only problem with those is they don't get rid of all the annoying nag screens. Really leaning towards the costal product as it seems it now does with with the factory dvd. You can't change the map disc though or you lose some featueres.

yes, the agree is not that bad, but not being able to do anyting while I drive is a nuisance, so if I can take care of the whole thing with one device, I'd like to, but getting ahold of coastal seems pretty tough.

Nag Screen "I agree" is just part of the checklist for me when I startup, I have updated to v6.1 update in all our vehicles and the vaistech products were not affected.

Do you know if the VAISTECH and/or Coastal will work for the 2007 GS450h SE-L?

thanks

Greg

• 3 weeks later...

How does install these adapters? The instructions for VAIS are quite explicit after the first sentence that says "Gain access to the back of your radio...". It sounds like something that a car mechanic would do, but can it be done easily by amateurs (such as myself)?

How does install these adapters? The instructions for VAIS are quite explicit after the first sentence that says "Gain access to the back of your radio...". It sounds like something that a car mechanic would do, but can it be done easily by amateurs (such as myself)?

I did mine, but as a young man I used to repair my own car and install stereos in them. Makes me less intimidated.