1993 Ls400 Broken Needles

aamir007

I have a 1993 LS400 where speedo meter needle is broken meaning it's torn in half but works fine otherwise. Gas meter doesn't work, RPM needle works some time and no light on the temperature needle. How can I fixed that for cheap?

Read through the first of the threads pinned at the top of this section. This discusses all the various problems with non-illuminating dash displays, non-working and blacked out needles, and various fixes for these problems. It will take you a while, but you will learn a lot.

A quick summary of your problems would be: (1) the "torn in half needle" (by this I am assuming that only half of the needle is illuminated, and the rest is black). This problem is caused by a conductive coating on the back of the needle which cracks and breaks the circuit which illuminates the bulb. The back of the needle can be recoated with the conductive material. Jim Walker, who is mentioned numerous times in the above-mentioned thread, does this repair. Item (2), gas meter does not work, is not as common as some of the other dash problems. I believe it is related to the faulty capacitors which cause the very common non-illuminating dash problem. I believe Jim Walker also can repair this. Item (3), RPM needle which works sometime is easily overcome. Rap on the dash right above the needle. This usually brings it to life. Item (4), the blacked out temperature needle, is probably the same problem as item 1. The needle probably needs recoating (or replacement).