Long Time To Start, And Lack Of Power

deasel1000

My 1995 LS400 takes like 5secs to start, sometimes less. If I try to start and it don't start, the next time it starts much faster.

I also have no power usally when I'm starting from stop. The car vertually can't move, but I have more power if I don't press the gas down very much.

It seems to want to stall on a quick hit of gas. It like when the engine normally generate a high vacume, opening the trottal screws it up.

Anyway I have new Spark plugs, distributor, timing belt, water pump, termostate, and I checked to hear all the injectors clicking away. I also used good stuff for cleaning the throtal body, injector clearn in the gas, along with cleaner that is sucked up by vacume to clean all the engine.

Hi,

I got a same problem with my toyota celica, I tried to change the fuel filter, but it still have the same problem, then I took the car to the dealer, they check it and is was the fuel pump, it is not pumping enough gas to the engine, they replaced the fuel pump and it works fine.

Hope this help,

HatBe

My 1995 LS400 takes like 5secs to start, sometimes less. If I try to start and it don't start, the next time it starts much faster.

I also have no power usally when I'm starting from stop. The car vertually can't move, but I have more power if I don't press the gas down very much.

It seems to want to stall on a quick hit of gas. It like when the engine normally generate a high vacume, opening the trottal screws it up.

Anyway I have new Spark plugs, distributor, timing belt, water pump, termostate, and I checked to hear all the injectors clicking away. I also used good stuff for cleaning the throtal body, injector clearn in the gas, along with cleaner that is sucked up by vacume to clean all the engine.

I did a second cleaning and now I got some errors and check engine light came on. A scaner reviled code p0170. Its a bad fuel trim on bank 1.

Hi,

I got a same problem with my toyota celica, I tried to change the fuel filter, but it still have the same problem, then I took the car to the dealer, they check it and is was the fuel pump, it is not pumping enough gas to the engine, they replaced the fuel pump and it works fine.

Hope this help,

HatBe