Lehigh Valley?

Lostin

Just relocated here from Tucson, Arizona (University of Arizona).....doing graduate study in Mechanical Engineering at Lehigh University :cheers:

P.S. Lehigh University is great, but the Southwest is a million times better than the Northeast!

It surprised me to see how many of us are from this area. Any reason for that?

Local discussion?

Up to this point, I've never run into anyone from the Lehigh Valley. Based on the three of us here, I can now say I've run into folks from the valley on this board.

That's pretty amazing considering that I very rarely see any LS 400's around here. Of course, I can count on one hand the number of LS's I see anywhere as I travel periodically to NNJ and NYC.

Just relocated here from Tucson, Arizona (University of Arizona).....doing graduate study in Mechanical Engineering at Lehigh University :cheers:

P.S. Lehigh University is great, but the Southwest is a million times better than the Northeast!

I don't know much about the southwest, but having relocated here from NNJ, I gotta say that I think the valley is kinda nice in comparision.

I'm just not used to the ubiquitous narrow 2-lane winding roads here. Also map here looks like a spiderweb, to make things more confusing one road usually have 3-4 different names. Lastly it rains too much!!! I fly radio controlled planes and the weather here is aweful... In arizona we have 340 days of sunshine year round :)

Also I'd like to add, there are so many pay toll roads here, but the roads themselves are not that good...very bumpy, no reflectors at night, etc. Where have all the tax payer's money gone?

I'm just not used to the ubiquitous narrow 2-lane winding roads here. Also map here looks like a spiderweb, to make things more confusing one road usually have 3-4 different names. Lastly it rains too much!!! I fly radio controlled planes and the weather here is aweful... In arizona we have 340 days of sunshine year round :)

Also I'd like to add, there are so many pay toll roads here, but the roads themselves are not that good...very bumpy, no reflectors at night, etc. Where have all the tax payer's money gone?

LOL

I'm from the midwest originally and have lived on the east coast for 25 years. The big difference between the east and my home town is the fact that the eastern portion of the country is much older and lacks the wide open spaces of the midwest. Also the population is generally much denser.

Good question about the taxpayer's money. I sometimes wonder about that myself!

Just saw an article on Yahoo regarding most conjected roads in the US....according to the article NJ has the absolute worst traffic system in the nation, and second most conjested traffic (after Los Angeles). Montana enjoyed fewest conjected roads in the nation, but has the highest fatality as well!!!

Just saw an article on Yahoo regarding most conjected roads in the US....according to the article NJ has the absolute worst traffic system in the nation, and second most conjested traffic (after Los Angeles). Montana enjoyed fewest conjected roads in the nation, but has the highest fatality as well!!!

Well, they apparently overlooked route 22 here locally which I generally avoid at all hours of the day!

Having lived in NJ for nearly 20 years, I'm not surprised at the ranking. Traffic is horrible over there, particularly on main thoroughfares like the GSP and the turnpike. Come to think of it, route 22 is definitely no biggie in comparison.