Aux Input Cable

I just took delievery of my new IS. I was wondering if Lexus included the cord to connect my IPod to the AUX input, or if I have to go buy one.

If I do have to buy one where should i do that? Or does it come with my new car?

Thanks,

Joe

I just took delievery of my new IS. I was wondering if Lexus included the cord to connect my IPod to the AUX input, or if I have to go buy one.

If I do have to buy one where should i do that? Or does it come with my new car?

Thanks,

Joe

Not included. I bought mine at Radio Shack. About $12.

Thanks,

Joe

Not included. I bought mine at Radio Shack. About $12.

I actually bought something similar to this: http://www.pcconnection.com/ProductDetail?...SourceID=k40132

Unfortunately, I was only able to find a connector like this (ipod connector on one side and 1/8 inch (3.5mm) on the other side) online and not in radio shack/bestbuy/etc...

I bought it because the ipod connector bypasses the ipod internal amplifier, giving you a some-what cleaner signal. You can start to clip the signal if your ipod volume is too hot going into the aux input. Conversely - you can have a low signal to noise ratio (read: lots of hiss) if the ipod volume is too low and you try to make up for it with your car's volume.

I also thought it was going to bypass the internal ipod equilizer settings. To my dismay, it does not. My recommendation would be to turn off the ipod eq when using in your car.

Lastly, if you already have the radio shack 1/8th to 1/8th connector, I found that you will still find decent results by turning off the ipod eq and setting the ipod volume to approximately 75%.