1995 Shifter Bulb

Hello! Everyone. I first want to thank you all for all of your posts. I have been reading them non stop for the past 2 months.

Now to my question..

I have a 1995 Lexus ES300 that the shifter bulb has gone out. I have gotten the bulb out but there are no marking on it so I don't know what to replace it with. If anyone can supply me with the part number or bulb type that would be GREAT! The bulb I took out was silvered and had a little green rubber cap on it. Do I need to replace the green cap also?

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Jason.

Jason-

I think that the bulb you're looking for is considered a specialized part and the best place to buy one is from a Lexus dealer. :)

Jason-

I think that the bulb you're looking for is considered a specialized part and the best place to buy one is from a Lexus dealer. :)

I got my answer.. I stopped at my local Toyota dealership and they gave me the bulb. It's a standard 158 bulb. that is what the guy there said. I also asked him about the silver and he told me that was what happens when they burn out. So I got the bulb put it and it works great!

Jason.