Air Bag Light On After Instrument Cluster Removal 92 Es300

Have I created a cluster for myself? I did a search and found a thread with mixed opinions that removing the cluster blows the CENTER Airbag sensor.

Can anyone confirm if I have blown the sensor and created a potential stall problem?

Thanks

QUOTE(Air Force Rascal @ Feb 20 2005, 02:05 PM)

Just want to add this...for everyones benefit...the reason why these led lights in the instrument clusters in the 90 - 98 models are going bad is because the LED lights were made for only 12 volts, well..the bad news is..the alternator puts out 14 volts..and over time it burns out the led's.

also, a SMALL Warning..after you take out the instrument cluster..you will still be able to drive the car..HOWEVER!!, do not because when you do..you will blow the CENTER Airbag sensor..and your Airbag light on the cluster when you get it back and re-install it will stay ON all the time..which is a CODE 41, your diagnostics will will come back..wiring harness OK and fuse OK..which means REPLACE the Center Airbag sensor..at the tune of over $300 at the dealer ship plus labor.

I said you will still be able to drive the car, HOWEVER, since the ECU is not getting the right information from the MISSING cluster it will probably stall out at traffic lights ETC, NOT a GOOD thing.

Hope this helps you'all out there in Lexus land.

Sorry, but every bit of that is wrong. Most especially the airbag part.