2006 Gs300 Diy Oil Change Question

rrr

I have a 2006 GS300 RWD, and it's time for an oil change. I've always changed my own oil, but this car's filter looks very different. I understand it's a canister type of filter, but the replacement filter came with a plastic connector like thing to apparently drain the oil filter before removing it (?)

Does anyone have instructions on doing this? Is there a special tool involved? There is a cap on the filter that looks like it could unscrew, but looks like a special tool is needed to do it...

Any help appreciated!

I just noticed that there is a separate forum for 06-07 GS300s, I'll post there.........

I have a 2006 GS300 RWD, and it's time for an oil change. I've always changed my own oil, but this car's filter looks very different. I understand it's a canister type of filter, but the replacement filter came with a plastic connector like thing to apparently drain the oil filter before removing it (?)

Does anyone have instructions on doing this? Is there a special tool involved? There is a cap on the filter that looks like it could unscrew, but looks like a special tool is needed to do it...

Any help appreciated!

I just noticed that there is a separate forum for 06-07 GS300s, I'll post there.........

Sorry to ask a stupid newbie question, but . . . where is the 06-07 GS forum?

FYI, my 07 GS350 RWD oil filter canister cover looks like it has an end cap that can be unscrewed but it is actually part of the cover and not removable. I just removed the cover carefully and drained the oil out of it slowly to avoid spilling or splashing.

On a different Lexus community site there is a very detailed thread with pics from a guy changing the oil in his 07 GS350 AWD. In the AWD model the oil filter canister cover is tilted down and there is a plug or a cap that can be removed to pre-drain the oil (by sticking that little plastic thingy in) before removing the cover.

RE: Sorry to ask a stupid newbie question, but . . . where is the 06-07 GS forum?

--> Thanks for the reply. Take a look at the lower right of this webpage. There is a pulldown menu where you can see:

|------ 06 - 07 GS300/350/430