Strange Steering Problem 2000 Es300

I noticed a strange problem with my steering on a recent road trip. After traveling about 100 miles from home, I let of the gas and noticed my right front wheel pull and wooble. I immediately thought I had a flat tire. Pull over and the tire was fine. Concerned I might have a serious problem I slowly got to my destination and looked at the front end but couldn't see any visible signs of wear/damage to the axle/suspension. This happend again on the trip home after driving around 100 miles. My mechanic says he couldn't find anything visibly wrong with the car. I don't drive the car on long trips so I haven't encountered the issue before going on this trip. Any ideas on what might be causing this to happen. Tires have been rotated and rebalanced.

Thanks

I noticed a strange problem with my steering on a recent road trip. After traveling about 100 miles from home, I let of the gas and noticed my right front wheel pull and wooble. I immediately thought I had a flat tire. Pull over and the tire was fine. Concerned I might have a serious problem I slowly got to my destination and looked at the front end but couldn't see any visible signs of wear/damage to the axle/suspension. This happend again on the trip home after driving around 100 miles. My mechanic says he couldn't find anything visibly wrong with the car. I don't drive the car on long trips so I haven't encountered the issue before going on this trip. Any ideas on what might be causing this to happen. Tires have been rotated and rebalanced.

Thanks

Might be your ball joint. Lift front end up and use crow bar to lift control arm and ball joint. If it moves, it is defective and needs to be replaced. I am learning the hard way.

Another way is to grab the wheel while it isjacked up and turn in and out by hand and if you see the ball joint flex and move up and down then it is the ball joint. Steering pull, bump steer, and aligment problems will exist without replacement. Mind as well check your lower control arm bushings for play using the crow bar also.

Good luck..