Smell Gas

lacanls400

Recently my 93LS400 developed a fuel leak in the gas tank. First thing I did was to replace the gas cap,because it seamed like thier was to much presure coming from the tank when I took off the cap. Then I pulled the carpet back in the trunk because of the concentrated smelland found a small leak. I patched it with a fuel tank repair kit. Thought it was fixed. It's not leaking but the smell is bask. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you Larry

Might want to do a search on my userid for my fuel tank "saga". Bottom line was clogged vapor canister which caused excess pressure to build in tank which deformed tank and created leak. Tank repair patches won't fix with that kind of pressure. If you smell gas strongly, it's still leaking. Gas cap has a valve which will let air in if pressure gets too low in tank but doesn't allow high pressure to escape. Good luck.

Might want to do a search on my userid for my fuel tank "saga". Bottom line was clogged vapor canister which caused excess pressure to build in tank which deformed tank and created leak. Tank repair patches won't fix with that kind of pressure. If you smell gas strongly, it's still leaking. Gas cap has a valve which will let air in if pressure gets too low in tank but doesn't allow high pressure to escape. Good luck.

Thank you, I'LL look in that direction. :)

Larry