Replacement Keys For A '94ls

TexasLexus94

I've been driving around with one key, since my hidden valet key disappeared when I had the timing belt and water pump replaced. So I've been trying to find a place to get a new non-remote key. The nearest Lexus dealer is 25 miles away, and wants $95 for one key plus tax. The only key place here in Vegas that I could find wanted $65 plus the cost of the blank key. His place burned down shortly thereafter, so I lost a key place and a mechanic at the same time. I contacted Sewell Lexus and others recommended on this forum, but received no replies of any kind.

So I bit the bullet, and ordered 2 keys from Ohio Valley Locksmiths on Tuesday evening, after finding them at grumpy.com, a search site for old fools like me. They're at www.lexuskeys.info. They contacted me the next morning to say that they needed a copy of the ins cert or the title, as well as my drivers license, since they cut the keys upon receiving the correct info from Lexus. So I faxed the info to them the same day.

I received the 2 keys on Thursday evening. They both work fine. The total cost was $104, including shipping. Great service. No bargain, but we are driving a Lexus. I'm happy....