Disabled Tpms

hello,

new to site but shared tpms problem with snow tires. I purchase 18" of schld 80 pvc and caps, drill 29/64 hole for .435 air valve in pne cap. Install valve, clean every thing well with acetone, place tpms sensors wrapped in foam equally spaced in tube glue shut. wait 20 min add 40 psi place in bath tub to check for leaks. place in trunk attached with velcro. stand valves fit my 250 awd rims. cost me $100 to have a shop remove sensors for me and $16.96 at home depot. thanks for prevous posters info. good luck!

hello,

new to site but shared tpms problem with snow tires. I purchase 18" of schld 80 pvc and caps, drill 29/64 hole for .435 air valve in pne cap. Install valve, clean every thing well with acetone, place tpms sensors wrapped in foam equally spaced in tube glue shut. wait 20 min add 40 psi place in bath tub to check for leaks. place in trunk attached with velcro. stand valves fit my 250 awd rims. cost me $100 to have a shop remove sensors for me and $16.96 at home depot. thanks for prevous posters info. good luck!

Probably a much better solution than some of the others. While waiting in the lounge at my local dealer the other day, I heard some service reps talking about some guy that had the sensors all installed on the spare tire of his RX - only they were all mounted on the inside of the wheel, making the spare completely unuseable!