99 Lexus Es300

barb7

Hello I'm new to the club and would appreciate any info.

I have a 99 Lexus ES300 coach edition. My driver window will not go back up so I took it to the Lexus dealership that is an hour away. They told me the window regulator would need to be replaced and they would have to order it. The part cost $646 with labor the cost would be $896. I asked if they could have the window permantly up until the part comes in and they said they could and that it would cost me between $90-$100. I said ok . The service person came back a few mins later and told me they could not. I proceeded up to the cashier as I was to purchase some accessories(3 pens, cap, cup and keychain) and they charged me $48.67 for the labor to look at the car and was to not even give me a written estimate. The cashier had to call back to the service person to have him come back up to write what part needs to replaced and the amount of the repair. On top of this they was to overcharge me for everything except the cap and keychain. I told her that I really need to go as my car is sitting outside in the pouring down rain and the window will not go up, the other cashier is stating he does not know why all the things rang up wrong. The prices where imprinted right on the products. I certainly do not trust this dealership any longer even though I have used them before. I got in my car with it 51 degrees outside and it pouring down rain and drove back home an hour away. I'm very fustrated and don't know whether to try and fix it myself or just sell it. It is supposed to snow tommorrow. I can't even drive the car anymore with the window down. It is in the garage parked.

Thank you for any information that you can give

Barb

10-12-2006 update on getting window repaired---called Toyota dealer here in Michigan and they are to get me a used part at the cost of $350.

I told them great and let them know would be happy for them to repair--to take in next week for the repair