Lexus Cd Changer Controls

Micah

Is there a way to fool the head unit into thinking that there is a cd changer attached? I have searched the forum to no avail, but I know it is possible. I had the pac aux box in a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix and it would fool the radio into thinking the ipod was a cd changer. Could I just jumper two of the wires for the cd changer to make it switch to that mode? My car had a cd changer originally, but doesn't now. It is missing. my car is a 96 lexus sc400.

If this isn't possible, I may just find a cd changer and cut the leads for the low level input and tap in that way, but the head unit will not switch to cd without a changer attached and I have trouble spending over 100 dollars on a new cd changer I won't even use. I don't even really care if it is controlled by the head unit, as long as I can use the cd changer low level inputs for the ipod. I don't want to go the fm modulator route b/c the sound quality is less than perfect. I was using a tape adapter, but the tape deck recently fizzled on me. Please help if anyone has any info as I'm about to go mad with the sound feeder fm input method. It sounds like garbage. Thanks!!

Here's a link to the schematics of the cd changer input.

http://www.intellexual.net/faq/lexusstereo.swfThe only thing I know is that C1 and C6 are for the right channel and C2 and C7 are left channel. I can pick up a mini jack at radio shack and wire it into these wires, but I still don't know how to make the radio switch to these inputs. thanks again.