Auto Telescoping Wheel

Ever since I did my alternator & p.s. pump replacement (had to disconnect batt for those 8 1/2 hours) my steering wheels automatic tilt/telescope feature has stopped working like it used to. It used to be that it would initiate as soon as I put the key in the ignition. And if I turned the ignition before it was done tilting/telescoping it would pause, then finish the tilt/tele after the car was started.

But now if I start the car before it's done with the tilt/tele cycle it just stops and doesn't continue the cycle after the cars started. So then I've got to hit my seat position preset button to bring it down the rest of the way.

What in the world happened here? :huh: Seems like something probably got reset or cleared during that 8 1/2 hours my battery was disconnected. But I don't know what to do to get this tilt/tele back to normal operation. Any clues?

Thanks

Sometimes mine will be working fine and then usually when I adjust the wheel to come out further and then to go back in it just stops half way like it ran out of juice. Then if I try again later it will work fine. Its kind of strange I guess maybe the age of the motor or maybe it needs to be lubricated?