95 Es300 A/c Not Working

Kctme

Hi there,

I got problem with my AC system. The car is 1995 ES 300, 120000 miles. AC system started to work intermittently about 2 months ago. Now, if I park the car in a cool place, it works for about 10 minutes then stops blowing cool air. If I park the car in a hot place, it does not work at all, and blows very hot air. I look at the compressor, it still runs but no cool air at all. Freon is still full since touching the hoses at the copressor while running, I feel burning my hand on the high pressure hose. Does anybody know what my problem is, please tell me before I get it to a repair shop. I really don't want to be ripped off.

Thank you in advance.

Kctme

It's probably a sticking expansion valve. This is a very common problem with the mid 90's ES models.

This problem has been discussed numerous times. Do a search, and you'll learn more than you ever wanted to know about expansion valves.

CUMan,

Thank you for your suggestion. I searched and found many cars had the same problem as mine. I will replace the expansion valve and hope the problem will go away!!!

Kctme