Power Steering Fluid Filter

Well guys, my altenator finally bit the dust - after having been leaked on by my p.s. pump for the past who-knows-how-many months. So I'll be spending the weekend replacing it plus the p.s. pump and serpentine belt (belt's not broken, but i've noticed tiny cracks, so I figure I may as well hit it too)

I've read in several posts about how important it is to clean the power steering fluid filter. Is this filter inside the p.s. pump (in which case I wouldn't have to worry about cleaning anything)? Or is it somewhere else?

Thanks.

There's two filter screens. One is in the reservoir for the power steering fluid and the other one is located on the steering rack. Do a search for power steering solenoid and you should find a lot of info. Its rather difficult to remove the solenoid to access the filter (metal screen) unless you get lucky the first few attempts.

*Also you can look through the LS forums for info on this topic as well. Same problem with the LS400 as well.