Changed The Oil/filter And Drained & Refilled Transmission Fluid

Bobk528

I own a 2000 RX300 with AWD and about 72,600 miles from 70% city/30% highway driving.

After every 5,000 to 6,000 miles or once a year, I will regularly change the engine oil with Mobil One synthetic oil and install a Toyota oil filter that I purchase from a nearby Toyota dealer. In addition, I change my automatic transmission fluid about every 20,000 miles or about every two years by performing a 4 quart drain and refill. I just purchased 5 quarts of Toyota ATF Type T-IV at $5.05 per bottle from the nearby dealer and used the following site for DIY instructions: <rx300how2.home.comcast.net/xmission_fluid_change1.htm.> Whoever took the time to put it together, I thank you and am learning to enjoy working on the RX.

Today I changed both the engine oil and performed a drain and refill of the automatic transmission fluid. The drain and refill is a relatively easy maintenance function but I was wondering if anyone ever used an oil extractor to remove automatic transmission fluid trough the dipstick? The following site shows an oil extractor to change engine oil for a BMW: <www.bmw325i.net/maint_oil_extractor.shtml.>

I own a 2000 RX300 with AWD and about 72,600 miles from 70% city/30% highway driving.

After every 5,000 to 6,000 miles or once a year, I will regularly change the engine oil with Mobil One synthetic oil and install a Toyota oil filter that I purchase from a nearby Toyota dealer. In addition, I change my automatic transmission fluid about every 20,000 miles or about every two years by performing a 4 quart drain and refill. I just purchased 5 quarts of Toyota ATF Type T-IV at $5.05 per bottle from the nearby dealer and used the following site for DIY instructions: <rx300how2.home.comcast.net/xmission_fluid_change1.htm.> Whoever took the time to put it together, I thank you and am learning to enjoy working on the RX.

Today I changed both the engine oil and performed a drain and refill of the automatic transmission fluid. The drain and refill is a relatively easy maintenance function but I was wondering if anyone ever used an oil extractor to remove automatic transmission fluid trough the dipstick? The following site shows an oil extractor to change engine oil for a BMW: <www.bmw325i.net/maint_oil_extractor.shtml.>

I disconnected the cooler return line to the transmission and was able to replace 7 quarts of ATF. Change your transmission filter as well.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220061