Ac Blower Almost Out

ebridges

Hey Folks,

Been off board a good while. Everything has been working so well on 91 LS and 96 LS. But wife's A/c on 96 LS400 is finally BAD. Identified the need for new evaporator. Can't complain since we've put the entire 212k on it over 10 years. Irontoad came through quickly.

But, despite the 96 repair manual, and downloading the PDF for Gen 1 from forum, can't seem to locate that last "fastener". Blower is really quite loose on all sides except top left. :cries:

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I have the Mitchell CDs, but can't find anything on the evaporator removal.

Thanks for any tips. :blink::cheers:

Earl

now back in FL.

• 1 month later...

Hey Folks,

Been off board a good while. Everything has been working so well on 91 LS and 96 LS. But wife's A/c on 96 LS400 is finally BAD. Identified the need for new evaporator. Can't complain since we've put the entire 212k on it over 10 years. Irontoad came through quickly.

But, despite the 96 repair manual, and downloading the PDF for Gen 1 from forum, can't seem to locate that last "fastener". Blower is really quite loose on all sides except top left. :cries:

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I have the Mitchell CDs, but can't find anything on the evaporator removal.

Thanks for any tips. :blink::cheers:

Earl

now back in FL.

sorry i dont have an answer. but i am hearing noise from the blower fan. how do i get to it to clean it to see if this stops the problem? thanks, steve