Transmission Fluid Drained & Re-filled

My transmission fluid was black before I started repeatedly doing drain and refills. Now after about ten drain and refills its finally started to turn from black-dark brown- to a dark red. I wasn't sure how many times I was going to have to do this before it changed color. Over the last two months its finally looking more like transmission fluid than used motor oil. So if your transmission fluid is near black in color (which hopefully isn't the case) expect to drain and refill atleast 6-10 drain and refills to bring back that redish color. I will continue to drain and refill until I am completely sure the color can't get any more red :) Individual results will vary depending on how often you do the drain and refill process and how the condition of the existing fluid I suppose. So I guess its about the price you might pay to have it flushed, but from what I've read its recommended to just drain and refill repeatedly in most cases.