Playing Mp3s Over The Rx330 Sound System?

eckhart

My RX330 does not have the Nav system. I have a lot of good mp3 music on CDs and in my Ipod and I want to play them over the sound system. Either changing the CD player to one that plays MP3s, or adding a connector for an iPod would work.

I called the Service Department at Santa Monica Lexus and the guy I talked to said he couldn't do it. I've seen some expensive 3rd party systems on this board for iPod connectors, and ads for some cheezy cheap systems that involve FM transmission or cassette replacements. Is that it? I've seen nothing that discusses changing the CD player, Is that not possible?

Any advice would be appreciated?

Thanks,

eckhart

You might want to try changing from .mp3 files to .wma files. My wife's RX330 will play CDs with .wma files. She does have the NAV but as far as I know it is just the standard am/fm/tape/cd stereo, not the Mark Levinson.

MP3 on RX330 CD Changer

As arens has mentioned, you should be able to use your existing CD changer, without modification or add-on, if you convert your MP3 files to a format that the average CD player can read.

I have had excellent results converting MP3 files to WAVE using "MP3 to Wave" from Acoustica Software below; however, there are probably a number of free applications that do the same thing, and a converter may be built into the latest version of your audio playback software like Windows, Real Player or Quicktime.

The process is to move your MP3 files to your computer, convert them to WAVE, burn them on a CD, and play them. Since MP3 is a compressed format, the WAVE files will take much more space and you will not be able to get as many tunes on each CD as you currently have on your MP3 CDs.

CD changers that play MP3 files direct from a CD do exist, but I was unable to find one that worked with the RX 330.

I hope this helps.

Acoustica

My RX330 does not have the Nav system. I have a lot of good mp3 music on CDs and in my Ipod and I want to play them over the sound system. Either changing the CD player to one that plays MP3s, or adding a connector for an iPod would work.

I called the Service Department at Santa Monica Lexus and the guy I talked to said he couldn't do it. I've seen some expensive 3rd party systems on this board for iPod connectors, and ads for some cheezy cheap systems that involve FM transmission or cassette replacements. Is that it? I've seen nothing that discusses changing the CD player, Is that not possible?

Any advice would be appreciated?

Thanks,

eckhart