160k Miles - Radiator Leakage

Hi,

Just to share the experience.

My SC400 has 160k miles. Starting from 130k miles radiator(top part) have been developed leakages. It has been fixed several times but now it is time to get a new one.

Buying aftermarket one due to high price of OEM. 150$ vs 450$

Best regards,

Stas

Hi,

Just to share the experience.

My SC400 has 160k miles. Starting from 130k miles radiator(top part) have been developed leakages. It has been fixed several times but now it is time to get a new one.

Buying aftermarket one due to high price of OEM. 150$ vs 450$

Best regards,

Stas

Highly recommend that it be replaced. I had a similiar experience with my radiator. It had developed a slight leak in the top of the radiator. I went for a couple months knowing that it had a small leak and when I was on the highway traveling up a mountain my radiator pretty much exploded and coolant went everywhere. I also went with the aftermarket radiator and haven't had any problems with it at all. Its running nice and cool...

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I'll be replacing my radiator this weekend ($220 aftermarket - Silla - from local import car parts store, versus $700 part+labor @ Lexus stealership)

I'm experiencing the exact same type of leak you guys had (at the top of the unit where the alum. cooling fins meet up with the high-temp plastic top that runs across the length of the radiator). But I was really hoping my leak was the delayed result of a minor front-end collision I had a year & a-half ago, and not normal part failure. 134k mi or not, I didn't expect the radiator to go quite this soon. The one on my integra went about 250k before taking a dive - and that was only due to the head gasket leak that kept letting oil into the system gumming up everything in the coolant cycle's path.

Oh well, I just hope I can make it from work to the parts store today to pick up the new one, and then home without the thing blowing-up on me like it did lexus082.

MJB