Disconnecting 06 Rx400h Battery

I've found serveral places in the owners manual about steps that have to be taken if the 12V battery is disconnectd/reconnected. The automatic rear door, the power windows and the moonroof all may need to be initialized. But then I found another section in the manual that says the "idle speed" may also need to be initialzied after a 12V battery disconnection.

TSIB EG010-05 describes the process a tech can perform to complete the initialization. I guess my question is...how "likely" is it that I'm going to have to do this if I disconnect the battery? Clearly, this is something that I'm not going to be able to do myself, since it requires some sort of diagnostic test set to get into the necessary modes.

My other question is if anyone knows any other potential pitfalls to disconnecting the battery that I've missed? The last thing I want to do is turn my RX into so much immobile junk just by disconnecting the battery.