Tranny Fluid & Air Filters

Two questions:

1st - In an attempt to save some $$ ($155 at Lexus dealer) I went out and bought the OEM tranny fluid in preperation to do a flush and filter cleaning. Then in an effort to check my tranny fluid level (with the dipstick on the side of the SC4 engine) I found it absolutely impossbile to get an accurate reading because of excess fluid that keeps smearing all over the dip stick when it slides out of the shaft. Doesn't matter if my engine is hot, warm or cold - Fluid covers half the dipstick keeping me from getting any type of reading. So now i'm deadly afraid to even attempt a fluid drain and refill because I have no way of knowing when I've filled it too full or not full enough. How can I get an accurate reading of the tranny fluid level?

2nd - does the 1st gen SC4 have cabin air filtration/purification? If so, wheres the filter located?

thanks.

Two questions:

1st - In an attempt to save some $$ ($155 at Lexus dealer) I went out and bought the OEM tranny fluid in preperation to do a flush and filter cleaning. Then in an effort to check my tranny fluid level (with the dipstick on the side of the SC4 engine) I found it absolutely impossbile to get an accurate reading because of excess fluid that keeps smearing all over the dip stick when it slides out of the shaft. Doesn't matter if my engine is hot, warm or cold - Fluid covers half the dipstick keeping me from getting any type of reading. So now i'm deadly afraid to even attempt a fluid drain and refill because I have no way of knowing when I've filled it too full or not full enough. How can I get an accurate reading of the tranny fluid level?

2nd - does the 1st gen SC4 have cabin air filtration/purification? If so, wheres the filter located?

thanks.

Well I can tell you this I just had my done yesterday and I watched my mechanic thoroughly and it took him 4 1/2 quarts to fill mine i have a SC4 as well and the air filter is located in the left hand corner when you open the hood you cant miss it, its a black square looking box. Also have you changed your tranny mount yet if you havent done it I say do it if your going to attempt the trans flush the mount is right there.

• Like 1

I did my tranny fluid & filter change, it was a little challenging but if you have done a filter change before you can handle it. The dip stick tube is 2 peice so watch for that. The cabin air filter is aroud $45.00 and is on the pass. front kick panel, my filter was missing. Planet Soarer.com gives a detailed tutorial. :)