Drivers Side Power Window Control Frustration..

FreddT

I've owned my nice 94LS (110,000 miles) for 2-1/2 years now, and there has always been one problem that has driven me bonkers ever since I've owned it. The power window controller on the driver's door has been a pain in the butt. It works some windows OK, but then the drivers or the rear drivers side window won't work. I've lubricated the window glides with silicone, but that seemed to help only the passenger windows. So I've removed the driver's controller at least five times, and have done the following:

Sprayed the assembly with electrical contact cleaner spray.

Scraped the contacts, some of which looked dark blackish green, with a knife.

Stretched the little springs on the controller, hoping for a better response.

And guess what? The problem always returned-especially on the drivers side window. No up, little down.

So recently, I got the Lexi back from its major big bucks spa treatment (new water pump, timing belt and associated pulleys, etc) and found that the window control wouldn't even lower the drivers side window. Plus the rear window was stuck-open. So I took the car home, removed the controller, messed with it for a while, and looked for something, anything to help. In frustration, I took a can of PB Blaster, and sprayed the whole assembly. Yes, PB, which I usually used for loosening frozen nuts on calipers and the like. And? Now the windows work perfectly.

I thought PB was for mechanical problems-live and learn.....2 months later, and all is peachy.