Ipod Ground Noise - Auxiliary Charger ('06 Is350 W/ml Audio)

Hey all..

I have a problem that with some serious ground noise when I hook my iPod up to the auxiliary input/charger in the center console. I get this noise even if the car is turned off...you can hear the hard drive spinning and high pitches over the speakers. The noise goes away when I disconnect the power charger from the iPod though. I've read some stuff about "ground loop isolators", but I do not even know how I would hook one up the the auxiliary power adaptor.

Has any one heard of this problem? Any advice would be greatly appreicated:

Specs:

- 2006 IS350 with ML Audio

- Black 30 Gig Video iPod

- DLO AutoPod : Car charger for docking iPods

- 6 Ft. Cable with 3.5mm Stereo Mini Plugs

I apologize if this has been posted before...I did a search for "ground noise" but did not find anything helpful.

Regards,

AllenAggie

EDIT: 02/22/2006 09:08PM

Well...found an answer. I have to buy a 3.5mm Noise Isolator to get rid of the noise. Spend $45K on a vehicle and little things like this make Lexus look bad.....

but.....check out this email from my sales person.....fix coming soon???

The 2006 IS models are equipped with an Auxiliary audio input port. Some clients have noticed that if you use the vehicles power outlet to power the device being used (Ipod) loud feed back static can be heard. On page 198 (see below) of the owners manual it states that this static will occur when using the power outlet, the manual recommends using the devices own internal power. The clients that have experienced this feel that this is not very practical and is very inconvenient. I contacted Lexus technical and went over the concern that our clients are having, he stated that Lexus is aware of the concern and a TSIB to correct it is on the way. The engineer recommended a Ground Loop Isolator be installed on the power adapter to the device being used, I will find a source for them so we can take care of this in house until the TSIB counter measure is available

• 4 months later...