Lights On Hvac Head Acting Up?

jc19907

Folks,

I finally tore out my console with the advice of Blake918 to access my lights behind my navigation system and HVAC unit. I did this in order to replace the light bulbs in/and around my navigation system, radio and heat and AC controls.

The problem - one of my lights temperature readout lights (backlit) went out on the drivers side about 2 months ago. An annoyance if anything. I could still read the temperature reading etc - but it's pitch black at night. Both driver and passenger backlit temp lights won't work together. One will work and the other won't. Gremlins....? They have seemed to alternate now that I opened up my dash.

After pulling out the console and the center dash vents (which fell apart), I decided that I'd have to not only pull the Nav. system out and take it apart to access those lights inside it. Not gonna go there.

After putting it all back together, I was glad just to get my center dash vents back in place. If you haven't done that before, make sure to take extreme care in removing the vents. They have side pieces that are delicately attached and fall out of the housing. Hence, they fall apart and fall down into your radio, seats and or transmission... No, fun... I had to use a pair of surgical pliers (luckily I had) to retrieve these pieces out...

Anyway, after putting everything back together... Now my driver's side light works and my passenger side does not.... Go figure. Is this an electrical problem? What the H#%@ is going on? Any ideas? THX!

post-21921-1137528835_thumb.jpg